Thursday, June 11, 2009

Career of Your Dreams

One of the most important aspects of life as it takes up alot of your life is finding and getting into a career that you want, and enjoy. It may be hard, and it may take time, but why would you want to waste your life away doing something that doesn't interest you or makes you unhappy, just because it was the easy safe route.
As for me i believe that in order to be happy in your job, and in life you need to be doing something your passionate about, something that captures your attention, something that you don't even really see as a job for you would be doing it anyways. For myself I don't really know exactly what I want to do for a career, but I do know it will have something to do with art. Whether it be drawing cartoons for a news paper, designing layouts or web pages for a company, or some other job that involves drawing, I know that this will be the career type that makes me happiest.
Right now I have a job that I don't particularly like, but I do it because I have to, or at least that's what society makes people feel they have to do. I know I don't want to keep this job, but I'm in the middle of choosing between working at it full time for now, and finding school later, but I know if I do that I probably won't end up going to school. I will get comfortable where I am, even if I don't like it, and I will just keep pushing off school.
Another aspect that comes into choosing a career is money. Most people will go away from their dream job for the security of a paycheck, or a lifestyle. Now personally, yes I would like that, who wouldn't, but I would rather go through some harder times, and have the risk of failure, in order to one day get to my dream. Even if it means getting paid less, the happiness you get from it will make up for the money.
In order for me to do this though I will have to do alot of work. It may mean me working full time for a year, in order to save up some money and take the risk of never going, as over these many years I never really realized how much schooling meant, and to be getting ready for the future. Which ever road I choose I will end up going to school, but then the problem of which school to go to. Should I settle for one close to home, but give up some advantages of going to a bigger school, or do I go to a bigger school and leave the people I love. Whatever I chose it won't be without many an hour of thinking and debating, making sure I consider all the advantages and disadvantages of the decision.
Once out of school the work will not stop there. I will then have to be patient and put in the work to prove myself, and get the position I've always wanted. Even if it means getting a job somewhere else, doing something else in the meantime, until I get the skill, and respect of these companies to then get into this career.
Without a career we love, and want, we will not be happy, we will not be the person we were meant to be. It may take some work, but at least in my mind it is totally worth it. I don't want to end up stuck in a dead end career that Hate just because it was easy. I want to be able to look back on my life and say that I lived my dream. How about you?.

No comments:

Post a Comment